Vegetables should not taste like candy. And yet, roasted broccoli, with its caramelized freckles, bright lemon bite, and peanut-y garlic companion, could be candy. It’s the best way to eat green things. (Granted, I love plain broccoli, too. But this way is just… better.)
Unlike steamed broccoli, this broccoli maintains its crispy integrity while keeping that cooked tenderness that I adore.
I don’t know what else to say. Roasted broccoli is delicious–divine, even. It’ll make a broccoli believer out of you.
A few heads of broccoli washed and dried thoroughly
3 cloves of garlic, minced
A few tablespoons of olive oil
Salt & pepper
1) Cut broccoli into similarly-sized pieces and place evenly in one layer on baking sheet.
2) Drizzle olive oil over the broccoli, then sprinkle minced garlic on top.
3) Season with salt and pepper as desired.
4) Roast for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from the oven and stir, then roast for another 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
5) Zest lemon over the broccoli, then sprinkle with lemon juice and parmesan cheese.
What’s your favorite way to eat vegetables?